I’m over 10,000 words into my draft of Talon City, a fantasy legal thriller that represents my first stab at a traditional novel.
My elevator pitch is, “Think John Grisham meets the Jungle Book meets the Purge!”
To stay on track for self-publication by the end of 2018, I need to keep on schedule:
- Finish first draft by April 30th. I will need to write about 1,000 words per day. Also watch online webinar program I purchased with specifics of self-publishing.
- Spend May revising.
- Get a structural edit in June – an editor can tell me what works and what doesn’t.
- Revise again in July-August. Also start working on getting cover art/graphic artist.
- September – solicit feedback from trusted beta readers.
- October – get a copy edit and finalize cover art.
- November – either hire a format person or do the formatting myself.
- Late November or early December: Self-publish!
If I can help anyone learn the ropes of self-publishing, I would be happy to do that! Look for more updates as I educate myself about the process.